Friday, March 21, 2014
The first day of Spring was yesterday and in typical Spring fashion it was a beautiful day outdoors. I've had the worst little head cold so I haven't been able to enjoy this change in weather just yet. Life has been quite pleasant these days. My little two year old is getting so big. She talks so much and is the love of my life. We are still enjoying our home in Downtown San Antonio with daily walks to the Dog Park for Milla and coffee runs for us. Friends and family are all well. I'm having a couple of tiny problems health wise but nothing too major (silly gallstones, kidney stones, cyst...) Seriously, it's not major. Time to get up and start my day now. Until next time .....
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
I titled this post, In the New Year because just the other day In the New Year by The Walkmen came on and I found it so fitting because it is indeed that time of year. I haven't blogged in 11 months. I wish I could have found the time for it but with work and moving and school and my little one year old who is now turning 2. My life didn't leave much time for anything else. 2013 was my transitioning period. A period of growth and acknowledgment. It was an okay year and I'll leave it at that. Now 2014.... I can just feel it's going to be a good year. From Me, To You. Happy New Year!!
Sunday, January 6, 2013
2012 wasn't the worst year.
It just went by too quickly.
2012 was definitely a blur of a year for me.
Being a first time single mama, raising a baby alone, working 40 hour jobs, no personal life.
2013 will definitely be a year that I dedicate to myself.
More "me" time, Less work hours,
More time with a toddler and not a newborn so no more never sleeping at night.
Can't help but feel so happy and loved that I got thru my first year of single parenting alone.
And on the 12th of January, Mills will be turning into a 1 year old.
Like I said, 2012 was a blur.
As for New Year Resolutions and what I expect of 2013,
I'll save that for another post.
Lots to do on this beautiful, sunny, 60 degree day in January.
Lots of love,
Saturday, August 25, 2012
Motherhood has put my blog on hold. Being a single mother with a 40 hour work schedule never leaves enough time in the day for even the simplest things. I will admit as tough and hard as it is sometimes, I wouldn't my change my life for anything. It gets rough and lonely and I've cried so many mama tears in the process but the love of a child and the support system that surrounds me outweighs the good more than the bad. Now that Baby Milla is no longer a newborn but a healthy 7 and a half month old, I am promising myself to at least try and write a little blog post once a week. Xo.
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
My, Oh My, Where has the time gone? Life has been treating me both cruel and kind as of late. My home and work environment are both doing excellent. The baby and love department have taken some small beatings. Yesterday I finally said goodbye and let go of my ex. This was very hard and I thought about this decision for many sleepless nights but I stand firm in my decision. He is a very good wonderful person with a beautiful soul but he is also very damaging to the relationship I am trying to build with my daughter. She is the most important thing in my life right now and I will never lose sight of that. Milla has been progressing wonderfully. She went from 4 pounds 14 ounces to 10 whole pounds. She is such a quiet, sweet, and beautiful little baby. She is just 2 months but you can tell she is so eager to learn and smile and be happy. I love it. I love love love my role as a mother and provider. I hope one day she will be proud of me.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Hello Sweet Blogger World. Sorry for the lack of entries as of late but having a newborn is a lot of work and I'm exhausted most of the time. I haven't had a full night's rest since I brought her home. Milla Elizabeth turns 6 weeks old tomorrow. I love this little girl more than you'll ever know. I love every little thing about her. I love when she holds my hand. I love that she smiles a lot and knows my voice. I love her little grunt "piggy" noises she makes. I love her temper. She hates baths and having her diaper changed. I could go on and on. Here is the most recent pic of my sweet little baby, along with other pics from the week. I promise to do a proper update soon.
A pic of Milla Elizabeth from this week.
A pic of me from this week.
A pic of lunch I had this week.
Weekend Date with Sudie.
Strawberry Mojitos and Frozen Jack n' Coke at Luther's
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
It's been almost a month since I last posted on here and I have good reason for it. Milla Elizabeth Rodriguez was born early. She came 6 whole weeks before her due date. She was born on Jan 12th 2012 at 4:30 p.m. and weighed 4 pounds 14 ounces and was 18 inches in length. I might write about her birth story one day but for right now I enjoy having that memory all to myself. Life has changed a lot for me over the last month. Lots of sleepless nights and dirty diapers and a crying baby and a tired mama and then there are the happy moments like the little smiles Milla gives me and the sleeping in bed together and the way she holds my hand and her scent and her coo's and just her completely. I have never felt a love like this before, for once in my life my heart finally feels complete. This will be the most important relationship I have ever been in and I am so happy to embark on this new journey/part of my life. I cannot believe she is all mine. I am so proud of her.
This was her the moment she was brought into the world.
This is what my little Mills looks like these days.
Monday, January 9, 2012
What's in a Resolution?
I finally sat down with pen and paper in hand and wrote down my Top Ten resolutions of the New Year.
It's never too late to change things in your life or re-write your future. If you haven't done so already, Get on it!
- Be a good mother, be a better daughter, be a better friend. Listening to others is key in relationships/friendships. I plan on saying Yes more to my fam and friends and tucking the No word away for awhile.
- Letting Go. I need to finally let go of J.. maybe one day he will make his way back to me but I cannot under no circumstance force someone to love me and be with me. I need to let go of a lot of anger and pain I have in my heart. I need to let go of the hurt. Everyday is a new day. Remember that.
- Buy a House. I am in no rush for this one, just sometime before 2012 is over. Please and Thank You.
- Yoga/Meditation Classes. I want to join a yoga and meditation class and stick with it. This has been something I have wanted to do for the longest time.
- Go back to school. It's a must.
- Dream Job. I'm gonna be a mama now and I need to work.work.work.
- Read More. I decided for 2012 I will always have a book on my nightstand and any free moment I get, I will use it to curl up and read a good book. Let's see how many books I can read in 2012. Challenge?
- Lose Weight. I definitely want to become a better me and lose weight. Thankfully I haven't gained too much but I need to kick my butt into gear and workout and eat healthy in 2012, especially for Milla E.
- Braces. I hate the term "Adult Braces" but my teeth have been shifting lately with my front one overlapping my other front one just by a little bit and it's beginning to get on my nerves. Straight pearly whites for me. Yes, please.
- Adventure. After the past year of heartbreak. I definitely need more adventure in fun in my life. Dates, Live Shows, Art Shows, Dinners with friends, Dates with mamas and their babies. I just want to enjoy 2012 to the fullest. Let's do this!
Friday, January 6, 2012
I start off my New Year with a lot of determination. Unfortunately, the first thing I did in the New Year was take two steps back. Spent the night with my ex and the cats and it felt good to be home again. In the bed we shared with the animals we loved. Of course, there is nothing peaceful about a break up gone sour so there were lots of tears, shouts, and finger pointing. Biggest Mistake of 2012 thus far. It is so hard.
I saw this and thought, this is exactly how I feel.
I will prevail.