Tuesday, August 30, 2011

On a Tuesday..

Texas is hot these days. Every day it's triple digit heat. Yesterday was 112 degrees. Right now at 2 p.m. via weather.com it is 100 degrees. My house runs on air conditioner units not central air. It's such a pain but well, what can I do. My little kitchen gets so hot during this time of year so I try not to use the oven too much. I normally make salads, sandwiches, things that don't require oven or stove usage. Here's a little treat for you on what I made for Me and The Mr. today for lunch. Take a peek in my kitchen:

My little dirty stove. This is the culprit for making hot days even hotter.

Sign above my kitchen door. Bought it at Target for $4.00. What a steal!

Straw/Wooden stool I painted olive green to add some color to my kitchen. Me and The Mr. re-did our floors, hence the black and white tile. 

Fridge.

Kitchen Window.

Sink.

Cat Picture above sink. Closer look.

Lunch Time: 
Salad: Spinach, Croutons, Dried Cranberries, Bacon Bits, Feta Cheese, Cucumbers

Dressing I used. (I applied dressing after.)

I did use the oven for 13 mins to warm up a Tuscan Chicken Pizza. Yummy! 
Beverage: 
I found this great recipe over at Elsie Larson's blog, A Beautiful Mess
It was under Water Infused Recipes and my favorite was Lemon and Cucumber Water.
So delish and such a refresher to this triple digit heat.
Buon Appetito!
Finito.

No comments:

Post a Comment