Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Milk Maid Braids

Lately I have been throwing around the idea of Milk Maid Braids. I can't do them on myself anymore because I recently cut all my hair off but since then I cannot seem to get my mind off of them. Take today for instance, while rummaging around my closet for what to wear I decided on a lovely vintage peasant/boho dress. I threw on a pair of cowboy boots to complete the outfit but it still left me feeling a little dull. I knew what was missing, MY HAIR! It's so short now and boyish and so cute too but I missed my side ponytail and little braids, and well my LONG HAIR. Finally this crazy idea popped in my head. First for the record I am a hairstylist. I did go to school and graduate from cosmetology so I'm already one up on my crazy idea. After thorough investigation via google and etsy I noticed what I wanted to do hasn't really been done. My crazy idea is Milk Maid Braids for all hair. Short, Long, Mid-Length, Bobs, Pageboys, Curly Hair, basically anyone who wants a new creative lovely look for the Spring and Summer. I am going to buy hair extensions in all different types of colors. Human Hair and Synthetic Hair of course. Your choice. I will cut them, pre braid them, add little clippings at the end, make some headband ones, make some that just tie in the back with ribbon, add some with flowers and baby's breath, some with playful colors. How easy would it be to just put on a Milk Maid Headband and have the braids you've always wanted. Here are some pictures of what I am talking about. I'm logging off now to sketch out some ideas. Have a lovely day!




No comments:

Post a Comment