Sunday, April 17, 2011

Oh So Lovely Sunday!

One Word: Exhausted 
What a busy little weekend I had. It's Fiesta Time in my city which means downtown San Antonio literally closes down and there is a big party in the streets for 10 days. So many activities and things to do plus a huge carnival and two beautiful parades. Here are some pictures I took of Fiesta Fun. 

Taken at NIOSA: (Night in Old San Antonio)
I decided to wear my little flat shoes from Urban Outfitters cause I knew I would be do a lot of walking. SHOE FAIL! I definitely should have worn shoes that had a little bit more of a heel.  I survived though.

NIOSA is equivalent to Mardi Gras but without the "Show Me Your Boobs" mentality. Lots of beads, Lots of food, Lots of alcohol and lots of walking. The crowd went from good to bad to worse. It got so packed. I actually caught pictures of it going from a little busy to completely and utterly packed. This was my cue to call it a night. I went home completely full off beignets and funnel cakes and into a happy food coma deep sleep.
 

The next day, Saturday was a crazy busy little day. I had to do my friend's little sister's hair and make-up for Prom.What fun I had. Here is the final product. I got paid very god for it too. Thanks Sudie.
 

I ran a little late with the hair and make-up so I ended up going to a Fiesta Event dressed for what I wore to church that same morning. No bueno. Where is the fun in that? Here's what I wore. 
Here are pics of the last Fiesta Event I attended. It was the Fiesta Flambeau Night Parade and it is America's Largest Night Parade and also America's Largest Illuminated Parade, This is a family event we have done since I was a wee little baby. It was so much to be with my parents and brothers and sister and their families.

Our seats for the Parade: 
My little nieces Pia and Bella getting ready for the parade to start.

It started! Yay!
 
 
 

After the parade I ran into Bar America for a quick Lone Star Light before calling it a night and ran into my friend Patrick, who was one of the 19 Pee-Wee Herman Impersonator's at the King William Parade earlier that morning. Of course I had to have a beer with Pee-Wee. 
 
This was my lovely family weekend. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment