Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tune In Tuesday

What a cold little morning in South Texas. Brrrr. I actually have on a sweater and all my windows closed. I do not like this one bit, one bit I tell ya. Today I plan on spending the late afternoon/evening with my parents. I don't see them as much as I would like but today will be splendid. My hands are so cold while I type this. I'm dedicating today's blog to: Current Women In Music That I Love. Let's start! 

Cat Power
Oh so amazing. This lovely woman's voice pierces thru my heart and I feel so much emotion when I listen to her music. "Once I wanted to be the greatest..."

Karen O.
Swoon. From Yeah Yeah Yeah's to Karen O. and The Kids. This lady had me at hello. Karen O. and The Kids is such a great album to soak up the sun to and feel like a kid again. I want to run around and scream, Let the wild rumpus begin!

Lykke Li:
Best listened to when your deeply in love with someone or deeply heartbroken about someone. Her little voice is so cute and angelic and she makes want to sing like her. I love Lykke Li. "I think I'm a little bit in love with you."

Little Boots:
Little Boots makes me want to sip wine and dance the night away with the ladies. It's also perfect music to get dressed to for a night out on the town. I'm such a huge fan. "cause dancing is my remedy, remedy."
 

Bat for Lashes:
I normally go for her music when I'm feeling sad or heartbroken or not good enough. When I'm weighing major obstacles in my life. She puts me in a very numb place like a tranquil zen state. Another woman who has stolen my heart. "i found a home in your eyes and we'd never be apart."


Soko:
This lovely little lady has the most cutest little oddest accented voice but it works. If you have ever been cheated on or left for someone else. Her song I'll Kill Her is a great anthem. "She stole my future, She broke my dreams."
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment